A Coaching Style of Leadership
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND SCHEDULE
In today’s fast-paced and ever-changing business world, the traditional style of leadership that involves giving orders and micromanaging is no longer effective. To become a successful leader, one must adopt a coaching style of leadership that focuses on developing employees’ skills, enhancing their motivation, and achieving desired outcomes.
This course is designed to help you become a confident and effective coach-leader by fine-tuning your leadership identity and emotional intelligence. You will learn how to build trusting relationships with your team members, have open, psychologically safe conversations, and help them achieve their full potential by identifying and nurturing their strengths. By the end of this course, you will be equipped with the latest tools, techniques, and practical skills for coaching employees in various situations.
- Become more grounded and confident in your leadership identity (DNA). Know and be able to articulate who you are as a leader, what you stand for, and what you expect
- Increase your self-awareness, be able to read the room, and determine what your impact needs to be at that present moment with stronger emotional intelligence.
- Understand the basic of coaching and the how/when it is a useful leadership tool.
- Develop a coaching mindset and become an expert listener.
- Become adept at 5 key coaching conversations in your leadership practice – growth and development, improvement, behavior adjustment, performance management, and foster innovation.
- Chair meetings as a facilitative coach, foster constructive debate and solution-focused conversations.
- As a bonus, the course will teach you a few team coaching skills to build trust and space for constructive conflict.
STRUCTURE AND HOURS
TOTAL PROGRAM HOURS – 52
DELIVERY METHOD – BLENDED: 9 4-hour in-person learning sessions
complemented by 8 2-hour online practice sessions.
PARTICIPANT OUTCOME – Certificate
Marderé Birkill, MBL, CEC, PCC. Marderé has more than 2000 hours of professional leadership coaching and is an experienced adult educator and learning facilitator.
$ 6,250 PER PARTICIPANT.
Fees include a communication style and EQ assessment, workbooks, and resources, as well as the venue.
PROGRAM SCHEDULE AND CURRICULUM
Date & Time
What is coaching?
Your leadership DNA pt. 1
Transformational Coaching basics
Practice the art of listening
Leadership DNA pt 2
Emotional Intelligence Pt1
Coaching MODEL 1 – GROW
Impact by design (EQ2)
Curb the advice monster
Seven coaching questions
EQ – emotional regulation
Coaching Model 2 – OSCAR
Coaching for Performance Management & Improvement
Recap – GROW, OSCAR,7
Questions Motivation and emotional regulation.
Tough coaching cases practice.
Special Coaching Situations
Coaching for behavior adjustment
Coaching through conflict
Coaching for innovation
The coaching style of chairing meetings
Testing “reality” Constructive conflict
Your turn: Coaching demonstrations and a Personal action plan